"Bring all the tithes into the storehouse so there will be enough food in my Temple. If you do,” says the LORD of Heaven’s Armies, “I will open the windows of heaven for you. I will pour out a blessing so great you won’t have enough room to take it in! Try it! Put me to the test!"
Malachi 3:10 (NLT)
Frequently Asked Questions
- Why should I give money to the church?
- We recognize that Jesus talked more about giving than He did on any other subject. Matthew 6:21 says, “For where your treasure is, there your heart will be also.” Together, we work as a church to reach the lost. Malachi 3:10 says, “Bring the whole tithe into the storehouse, that there may be food in my house. Test me in this,” says the LORD Almighty, “and see if I will not throw open the floodgates of heaven and pour out so much blessing that there will not be room enough to store it.” The storehouse today is the local church you are attending. By partnering our monies together, God’s work is done more effectively.
- What are my giving dollars used for?
- Your gifts are used to fund God’s work through the ministry the church. We do this through our weekend services for adults and kids, and through our support of local and worldwide missionaries. Hamilton Hills gives 12% of our General Fund giving to support missions locally and around the world. We can accomplish more together than separate.
- Does your church have a budget?
- Yes. Our budget each year is determined based on the goals and objectives of each ministry area within the church. We publish our weekly need and offering in our weekly email newsletter.
- What payment method options can I choose from?
- The online giving program is configured to accept direct payments from checking or savings accounts. We also accept credit & debit card payments.
As you give online, we want to make you aware of the fees associated with ACH/EFT transactions. Transactions that transfer money directly between your bank account and Hamilton Hills Church's bank account are significantly less than credit card transactions and can help the church save valuable dollars to be allocated toward ministry. However, both options are available through our online giving portal, and we will gladly accept donations through both methods.
- How often will payments be pulled from my account?
- The program can be configured to pull funds from your account at a frequency that's right for you. Currently your options are described in the table below.
- How do I participate in the weekend offering if I use the automated giving program?
- If you wish, you can still participate in the weekend offering by dropping an empty envelope labeled "I Give On-line" into the basket.
- How can I get a record of my giving?
- You can request a giving statement from the church Finance Office at any time. This statement will cover both your automated giving as well as any other offerings you give on the weekend. To request a statement be send to you please e-mail us or call the church office.
- How do I update my bank account or credit card information?
- If you need to edit your bank account or credit card information please delete your existing profile and create a new profile.
- Can I test this system by giving one time?
- Yes. There is an option to give a one time gift. This is a great way to better understand how the system works.
- I've signed up for the automated giving program but would like to change my preferences or need to stop. How do I do this?
- You can make changes at any time by using the "View Giving Profiles" button on the sidebar. Once you login you can change any of your preferences or stop your automated giving. If you have any trouble please feel free to e-mail or phone the church office.